Body Piercing Aftercare
Firstly use of the following products on or around the piercing will damage it and should never be used. No rubbing alcohol, No Hydrogen Peroxide, No Neosporin or other ointments.
No Makeup on or around the piercing, No Lotion, No Perfume.
No swimming until the wound heals the water might contain bacteria that can cause infection.
Do not change the jewelry until the piercing is fully healed.
First, you need to make sure that you touch your piercing with clean hands. Your hands have to be washed with an antibacterial soap preferably. You need to keep your piercings clean, especially safe from dust and irritants. You need to clean it at least thrice in a day. You also need to wash the piercing and the ring with antibacterial soap. You can use a cotton swab to remove the crustiness. Then, you need to remove the soap leftover after rinsing it.
Dry it with tissue paper.
You can use a salt water mixture to clean it.
You can consume vitamin C containing food in order to shorten the healing process.
- Avoid eating, smoking and drinking within the first three hours of the piercing.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco, and drugs before and after getting pierced, and till the wound is completely healed.
- Wash your hands frequently, and any time if you are going to touch the piercing. This will significantly reduce your chances of getting an infection.
- Do saline soak twice a day.
- Use a new soft-bristled toothbrush and keep it clean.
- You should brush twice a day to remove food particles that could get into the wound and cause an infection.
- Always keep your mouth sanitized. This should be done after eating, smoking and drinking.
- Avoid oral sexual activity till the wound is completely healed.
- Do rinse your mouth with a mouthwash after meals or eating.
- Do eat foods such as frozen yogurt, ice cream, cold foods, or suck on chipped or crushed ice, or very small ice blocks for the first 2 weeks. Cold foods help the healing, alleviate pain and reduce swelling
- Don’t remove or replace the jewelry during the healing period, as the hole closes up very quickly and it’s painful to reinsert the jewelry once this happens.
Approximate Healing Time
Cartilage Piercing (3months – 1 year)
Earlobe Piercing (6 – 8 weeks)
Eyebrow Piercing (6 – 8 weeks)
Genitals Piercing (4 – 6 months)
Navel Piercing (6 months – 1 year)
Nipple Piercing (3 – 6 months)
Nostril Piercing (3months – 1year)
Septum Piercing (6 – 8 weeks)
Cheek Piercing (6 – 12 months)
Labret Piercing (6 – 8 weeks)
Lip Piercing (6 – 8 weeks)
You can consult us if you have any question
Don’t hesitate to call us